Software QA Manager F/M
Our client is a worldwide leader in video delivery technology and services, it enables media companies and service providers to deliver ultra-high-quality broadcast and OTT video services to consumers globally. We seek a Software QA Manager F/M based in Rennes, Brittany.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As Senior Software Quality Assurance Manager you have the opportunity to lead an international group of talented software QA professionals in testing next generation of audio and video delivery infrastructure products. You will be responsible for defining, implementing and maintaining Agile aligned test plans, managing a distributed team of software quality professionals, and providing professional quality reports with recommendations on areas to improve product quality. You will be working in an Agile environment, on a collaborative team with the shared goal of delivering excellent software rapidly and iteratively.
- Manage a group of 30 software QA engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment – drive excellent execution and delivery of effective testing
- Lead by example, conducting hands on testing while managing test programs for products
- Develop, implement and maintain system and functional testing practices including methodology, measurements and reporting
- Work collaboratively with the broader research and development team to ensure we’re making the right decisions about our video products, with developers and testers partnering closely on quality efforts
- Identify gaps in test automation coverage where additional automated testing investment is needed to ensure rapid, high quality product cycles
- Aggregate and summarize quality reports to give overall quality status reports on the product quality from system and usability perspective
- Ability to lead a distributed team of Software Quality Assurance engineers across different time zones and cultures to conduct a highly efficient test program
- Ability to people manage a distributed team including performance reviews, training, hiring and work planning
- Ability to collaborate effectively with product management, developers and other test engineers to improve product quality
- Proficient in conducting and training team members on black box testing of web application-based software in an Agile work methodology
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to research and learn new technologies quickly and effectively, such as cloud, docker and virtualization
- Deep knowledge of audio, video and networking technologies and how to test them
- 5+ years of software testing of audio, video and/or network systems.
- 3+ years managing QA testing teams, through several complete release cycles.
- 2+ years’ experience managing system testing efforts in an Agile work methodology
- BA/BS in CS or related field.